Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Books, Books and More Books

Earlier this week I splurged and ordered everything on my Amazon "Shopping List."  It was a perfect storm of a book ordering opportunity for I received two Amazon gift cards for Mother's Day and I had credit card points as well.  Some of the titles on my list had been there for a couple of years so I figured now was the time to do something about it before everything becomes digital.  (I confess I own a Kindle and I did spend 99 cents of my splurge money on a mystery novel but that was just one of 20 titles.)  Needless to say, I had fun.

I ordered -
12 knitting books (I have far more knitting books than items that I have actually knit.)
4 children's books for my personal storytelling collection
1 Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons for our family collection
1 book to give to my husband for Father's Day (See, I wasn't just thinking of myself.)
1 The Repurposed Library: 33 Craft Projects That Give Old Books New Life
1 digital book

The books for my storytelling collection are titles that were recommended on various youth services librarian's blogs.  Most of the blogs I added to my Google Reader after coming across them in Flannel Friday Round-Ups so Flannel Friday folk contributed to my book buying binge.  I purchased Stop Kissing Me, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Bugs, I'm the Scariest Thing in the Castle and Are You a Cow?

I find "book art" quite interesting.  I've been collecting examples on my Pinterest page "Paper."  I'm hoping that I will find something in The Repurposed Library that I can actually do.  It may get me inspired to go back to weeding my library's juvenile reference collection.  (I'd much rather be planning a storytime.)

Of course I have no idea where I'm going to put all of these books but I'll worry about that next week.

#

No comments:

Post a Comment